The conservation of natural resources is the fundamental problem. Unless we solve that problem, it will avail us little to solve all others.
- Theodore Roosevelt -
Evaluating effectiveness of conservation
1. Dale, V.H. (editor). 1994. Effects of Land Use Change on Atmospheric CO2 Concentrations: Southeast Asia as a Case Study. New York: Springer-Verlag.
2. Dale, V.H. and English, M.R. (editors). 1999. Tools to Aid Environmental Decision Making. New York: Springer-Verlag.
3. National Research Council, Ecosystems Panel. 2000. Global Change Ecosystems Research. National Academy Press, Washington, D.C.
4. Dale, V.H. and Haeuber, R.A. (editors). 2001. Applying Ecological Principles to Land Management. New York: Springer-Verlag.
5. Forman, RT.,D. Sperling, J. Bissonette, A. Clevenger, C. Cutshall, V.H. Dale, L. Fahrig, R. France, C. Goldman, K. Heanue, J. Jones, F. Swanson, T. Turrentine, and T. Winter. 2003. Road Ecology: Science and Solutions. Island Press.
6. Dale, V.H. (editor) 2003. Ecological Modeling for Resource Management. New York: Springer-Verlag.
7. Dale, V.H., Swanson, F.J., and Crisafulli, C.M. (editors). 2005. Ecology Response to the 1980 Eruption of Mount St. Helens. New York: Springer.
8. National Research Council, Ecosystems Panel. 2006. Assessing and Managing Ecological Impacts of Paved Roads. National Academy Press, Washington, D.C.
9. Dale, V.H., C. Kling, J.L. Meyer, J. Sanders, H. Stallworth, T. Armitage, D. Wangsness, T.S. Bianchi, A. Blumberg, W. Boynton, D.J. Conley, W. Crumpton, M.B. David, D. Gilbert, R.W. Howarth, R. Lowrance, K. Mankin, J. Opaluch, H. Paerl, K. Reckhow, A.N. Sharpley, T.W. Simpson, C. Snyder, and D. Wright. 2010. Hypoxia in the Northern Gulf of Mexico. New York: Springer.
10. National Research Council (Lave LB, Burke IC, Tyner WE, Dale VH, Halvorsen KE, Hill JD, Kaffka SR, Klasing KC, McGovern SJ, Miranowski JA, Patrinos A, Schnoor JL, Schweikhardt DB, Selfa TL, Sohngen BL and Soria JA), 2011. Renewable Fuel Standard: Potential Economic and Environmental Effects of U.S. Biofuel Policy. National Academy Press, Washington, D.C.
11. Crisafulli CM and Dale VH (editors). 2018. Ecological Responses at Mount St. Helens: Revisited 35 years after the 1980 Eruption. New York: Springer.